Shrimp & Grits – Shrimplify Your Life
• 2 Cups of yellow corn grits, or grits of your choice
• 1/4 Cup of butter
• 1 onion, diced
• A half-block of cream cheese (optional)
• 1.5 pounds of wild-caught, American shrimp
• 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
• 2 teaspoons of Tony Chachere’s
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Prepare and cook grits according to package instructions.
• To the grits, add your garlic powder, spices, and cream cheese
• In a separate skillet, cook the diced onion until tender.
• Add shrimp and cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp is pink and tender
• To serve: top grits with shrimp and enjoy!