Spice Up Your Next Meal with Wild-Caught Shrimp Gumbo!
January 11, 2022
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, browned dark
- 3 bunches of green onions
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 6 cloves of chopped garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper – green or yellow, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of celery chopped
- 3 pounds okra chopped
- 1 large center cut ham, chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 – 14oz cans of chicken broth – low sodium
- 5 pounds fresh peeled wild-caught American shrimp
- 2 – 16oz cans of stewed tomatoes
- 3 links of smoked sausage – beef
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1/2 pound crab claws or 3 whole crab bodies
- 1 quart of raw oysters
- 2 quarts of water
First, create a roux (check out this handy guide!).
After creating your roux, add all ingredients minus the shrimp.
Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Just before serving, add the green onions and shrimp.
Simmer until shrimp are cooked, and serve.
For more recipes from Biloxi Shrimp Co., visit their website!
Cook Time: 2+ hours
November 3, 2022, BILOXI, Mississippi – Wild American Shrimp®, the American Shrimp Processors Association (ASPA)’s marketing program for wild-caught Gulf and South Atlantic Shrimp, has announced...
Dominick’s Seafood, founded in 1992 by Dominick Ficarino, is just the latest venture in four generations of shrimp and seafood processing in the Ficarino family....
From the United States’ highest mountains to the beaches on all of our coasts, buying local means buying American. The COVID-19 pandemic left Americans wondering...