Spice Up Your Next Meal with Wild-Caught Shrimp Gumbo!
January 11, 2022
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, browned dark
- 3 bunches of green onions
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 6 cloves of chopped garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper – green or yellow, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of celery chopped
- 3 pounds okra chopped
- 1 large center cut ham, chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 – 14oz cans of chicken broth – low sodium
- 5 pounds fresh peeled wild-caught American shrimp
- 2 – 16oz cans of stewed tomatoes
- 3 links of smoked sausage – beef
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1/2 pound crab claws or 3 whole crab bodies
- 1 quart of raw oysters
- 2 quarts of water
First, create a roux (check out this handy guide!).
After creating your roux, add all ingredients minus the shrimp.
Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Just before serving, add the green onions and shrimp.
Simmer until shrimp are cooked, and serve.
For more recipes from Biloxi Shrimp Co., visit their website!
Cook Time: 2+ hours
TORY MCPHAIL REVELRY, JAM! AND DAVE’S SUSHI A native of Ferndale, Washington, a small agricultural town on the Canadian border, Tory McPhail grew up on...
Pamlico Packing Company is one of North Carolina’s premier processing operations, as well as a top supplier of specialty seafood products to various markets all...
Beth DiBaggio and Rafael Rodriguez were running a successful catering company, La Pera, in Austin, Texas – whipping up locally-sourced Latin dishes and catering 250...