Recipe: Wild-Caught Shrimp Gumbo
April 6, 2021
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, browned dark
- 3 bunches of green onions
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 6 cloves of chopped garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper – green or yellow, chopped
- 1/2 bunch of celery chopped
- 3 pounds okra chopped
- 1 large center cut ham, chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 – 14oz cans of chicken broth – low sodium
- 5 pounds fresh peeled wild-caught American shrimp
- 2 – 16oz cans of stewed tomatoes
- 3 links of smoked sausage – beef
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 1/2 pound crab claws or 3 whole crab bodies
- 1 quart of raw oysters
- 2 quarts of water
First, create a roux (check out this handy guide!).
After creating your roux, add all ingredients minus the shrimp.
Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Just before serving, add the green onions and shrimp.
Simmer until shrimp are cooked, and serve.
For more recipes from Biloxi Shrimp Co., visit their website!
Cook Time: 2+ hours
Fried rice is a delicious meal from Asian countries like Vietnam that’s distinguished by its customizability through the use of multiple different ingredients. You...
The Southern Food & Beverage Museum in New Orleans, Louisiana has provided Wild American Shrimp with a video on how to make authentic, New Orleans-style...
Edgar Richard Gollott, Sr., Vice President of Golden Gulf Coast Packing Company, Inc. (est. in 1984 on Biloxi, Mississippi’s Back Bay), President of Gollott’s Oil...