Recipe: Tom Yum Shrimp Soup
August 30, 2020
- 1 oz-Oils of Aloha mac-nut oil
- 1 tbs- Ginger minced
- 1 tbs- Garlic minced
- 1 tbs – ginger minced
- 3 ea –Lemongrass bruised bottoms only
- 4 ea- Kafir Lime leaves ripped
- 2-oz- four j’s white sugar
- ¼ cup- Wai Ehu –Chili Water
- 1 oz- Aloha Shoyu
- ¼ cup -green tea The Tea Chest
- 1-cup- Aloha Shoyu vinegar
- 2 can – Hawaiian Sun Coconut milk
- 1 cup- chicken stock
- 1 oz- miso
- 1lb Wild American Shrimp cut in ¼ inch pieces
- 4 ea- mushrooms cut in quarters
- 1 ea Ho farms tomato cut in quarters
- Garnish with hearts of palm rings
1. In a saucepan on medium high heat add oil, ginger, shallots garlic, lemongrass, kafir lime and brown till caramelized about 5 minutes
2. Add sugar and stir 1 minute till dissolved into caramel
3. Add chili water, shoyu, tea, chicken stock and vinegar reducing for 6 minutes till concentrated by ¼.
4. Pour Coconut milk into silken and add miso whisking to dissolve.
5. Add Prawns with tomato and mushroom for about 3 minutes on simmer till prawns are cooked and serve.
You may use the shells of the prawns in the broth for flavor.
Yields 1 quart
*ALL OF THESE INGREDIENTS ARE USED FOR CHEF APTAKIN’S LAYERS OF FLAVOR CATERING COMPANY BASED IN HAWAII, CAUSING MOST OF THESE INGREDIENTS TO BE SOURCED IN HAWAII. HOWEVER, YOU MAY USE GENERIC INGREDIENTS IF THESE PARTICULAR SOURCES ARE UNAVAILABLE IN YOUR LOCATION.
Shrimp Stew When you’re peeling premium, wild-caught shrimp for your next meal and end up with a bowl full of shrimp shells, the first...
By Emeril Lagasse INGREDIENTS 2 pounds medium-size wild-caught, American shrimp: shells and heads on 6 cups water 1 medium-sized yellow onion, quartered 2 bay...
On an episode of “The Dr. Oz Show,” Dr. Oz discussed various thoughts and issues revolving around shrimp, both American and imported, wild-caught and farm-raised....