Shrimp and Tabasco Hot Sauce Cheese Grits
February 8, 2022
1 c. Quaker Quick Grits
1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
4 tbsp. Unsalted Butter
1 1/2 tbsp. Paprika
3/4 c. X-sharp Cheddar (White)
1 tbsp. Tabasco Hot Sauce
1/2 c. Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper to Taste
1. Cook grits according to instructions on package.
2. As grits are finishing, whisk in butter, cheddar, parmesan, cayenne, paprika, and Tabasco.
3. After all ingredients are incorporated, season with salt and pepper.
2 c. Chopped Smoked Bacon
3 c. Sliced White Mushrooms
3 tbsp. Olive Oil
3 tbsp. White Wine
1 1/2 lb. 26-30 count Shrimp
2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
Salt and Black Pepper
2 c. Sliced Scallions
3 tsp. Minced Garlic
1. Cook bacon until it begins to brown, remove from heat, strain and reserve bacon grease and bacon bits.
2. Heat large skillet until very hot, add olive oil and 2 tbsp. bacon fat.
3. As oils begin to smoke, toss in shrimp to cover bottom of pan.
4. Before stirring, season with salt and pepper (this will season shrimp in particular but the rest of the dish as well).
5. Stir until shrimp begin to turn pink all over (let pan return to original hot temperature.
6. Stir in minced garlic and bacon bits (be careful not to burn the garlic).
7. Toss in mushrooms and coat with oil briefly.
8. Add lemon juice and wine, stir for 30 seconds or so until everything is well coated and incorporated.
9. Assuming that this is ready to be served, toss in sliced scallions and stir for about 20 seconds (if these hold too long before serving, they will begin to turn brown and lose all of their crunch).
10. Serve over the aforementioned, patiently waiting cheese grits.
This should serve three or four, depending on how hungry everyone is.
November 3, 2022, BILOXI, Mississippi – Wild American Shrimp®, the American Shrimp Processors Association (ASPA)’s marketing program for wild-caught Gulf and South Atlantic Shrimp, has announced...
Dominick’s Seafood, founded in 1992 by Dominick Ficarino, is just the latest venture in four generations of shrimp and seafood processing in the Ficarino family....
From the United States’ highest mountains to the beaches on all of our coasts, buying local means buying American. The COVID-19 pandemic left Americans wondering...