Recipe: Pickled Gulf Shrimp
July 6, 2020
PICKLED GULF SHRIMP
- 2 lbs Jumbo Gulf Shrimp
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoons pickling spice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flake
- 2 each onions julienne
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 4 ounces roasted tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients. Peel and De-vein Shrimp, Boil until slightly undercooked about 4-5 minutes.
- Drain water off shrimp and place in ice bath to stop cooking, remove shrimp from ice bath.
- In large Tupperware pour mixture over shrimp and marinate overnight or a minimum of 6 hours.
Editor’s note: For the best results, always use Wild American Shrimp from the warm waters of Gulf and South Atlantic whenever you prepare shrimp dishes. Be sure to look for the Wild American emblem or wild-caught, Gulf or South Atlantic shrimp, product of the U.S.A.
Shrimp Stew When you’re peeling premium, wild-caught shrimp for your next meal and end up with a bowl full of shrimp shells, the first...
By Emeril Lagasse INGREDIENTS 2 pounds medium-size wild-caught, American shrimp: shells and heads on 6 cups water 1 medium-sized yellow onion, quartered 2 bay...
On an episode of “The Dr. Oz Show,” Dr. Oz discussed various thoughts and issues revolving around shrimp, both American and imported, wild-caught and farm-raised....