Recipe: Pickled Gulf Shrimp
July 6, 2020
PICKLED GULF SHRIMP
- 2 lbs Jumbo Gulf Shrimp
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoons pickling spice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flake
- 2 each onions julienne
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 4 ounces roasted tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients. Peel and De-vein Shrimp, Boil until slightly undercooked about 4-5 minutes.
- Drain water off shrimp and place in ice bath to stop cooking, remove shrimp from ice bath.
- In large Tupperware pour mixture over shrimp and marinate overnight or a minimum of 6 hours.
Editor’s note: For the best results, always use Wild American Shrimp from the warm waters of Gulf and South Atlantic whenever you prepare shrimp dishes. Be sure to look for the Wild American emblem or wild-caught, Gulf or South Atlantic shrimp, product of the U.S.A.
CHEF JIM SMITH THE HUMMINGBIRD WAY Jim Smith is the former Executive Chef of the State of Alabama and Chairman of the Alabama Seafood Marketing...
Dominick’s Seafood, founded in 1992 by Dominick Ficarino, is just the latest venture in four generations of shrimp and seafood processing in the Ficarino family....
The shrimp processing industry has a long and storied history, lined with a multitude of different innovations that have propelled the industry further and further...