Recipe: Pickled Gulf Shrimp
July 6, 2020
PICKLED GULF SHRIMP
- 2 lbs Jumbo Gulf Shrimp
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoons pickling spice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flake
- 2 each onions julienne
- ½ cup fresh chopped parsley
- 4 ounces roasted tomatoes
- Combine all ingredients. Peel and De-vein Shrimp, Boil until slightly undercooked about 4-5 minutes.
- Drain water off shrimp and place in ice bath to stop cooking, remove shrimp from ice bath.
- In large Tupperware pour mixture over shrimp and marinate overnight or a minimum of 6 hours.
Editor’s note: For the best results, always use Wild American Shrimp from the warm waters of Gulf and South Atlantic whenever you prepare shrimp dishes. Be sure to look for the Wild American emblem or wild-caught, Gulf or South Atlantic shrimp, product of the U.S.A.
Vitamins are organic compounds found in a variety of foods. They may be small, but they play a huge role in keeping your body healthy....
Eric Lackey Smuggler’s Restaurants and Bars Eric Lackey is an award-winning chef with over 25 years of experience in fine dining, currently serving as Executive...
Within the shrimp industry, the commonality of a family-run business holds as much pride as the Wild American product they harvest from domestic waters. Of...