Celebrate Thanksgiving with Shrimp Butternut Squash Pasta!
November 23, 2021
When fall rolls around, there are certain flavors that always make one think of the season. Pumpkins, cinnamon and— one of our personal favorites— butternut squash, a flavorful squash that turns a deep orange when ripe which is perfect for autumn and provides a sweet and nutty flavor. Perfectly complementing a variety of dishes, butternut squash is at its culinary best when used in a tasty pasta. And, as we’ve championed time and time again in a multitude of our favorite recipes, nothing goes better with pasta than a hearty serving of wild-caught American shrimp!
Put the two together and you’ve got a filling yet healthy recipe for Shrimp Butternut Squash Pasta!
INGREDIENTS — SAUCE
- 3 cups of chopped butternut squash
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 5 sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of oat milk
INGREDIENTS — PASTA
- 2 ounces of peeled and deveined wild-caught American shrimp
- 12 ounces of penne pasta
- Salt and pepper
DIRECTIONS — SAUCE
- Bring a pan of extra-virgin olive oil to medium heat and add the chopped butternut squash, yellow onion and sage leaves — cook until tender.
- Put all ingredients into a blender and add the cup of oat milk — blend until smooth.
DIRECTIONS – PASTA
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Bring a pan of extra-virgin olive oil to medium heat and add the shrimp — cook until both sides of the shrimp are pink.
- Combine with sauce, add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy!
Vitamins are organic compounds found in a variety of foods. They may be small, but they play a huge role in keeping your body healthy....
Eric Lackey Smuggler’s Restaurants and Bars Eric Lackey is an award-winning chef with over 25 years of experience in fine dining, currently serving as Executive...
Within the shrimp industry, the commonality of a family-run business holds as much pride as the Wild American product they harvest from domestic waters. Of...