Recipe By: Timeka Chaney
- 1 lb. Fresh Large Shrimp
- 1 Cup Organic Polenta Corn Grits ( or grits of choice)
- 4 Slices of Turkey Bacon
- 1 (8 oz.)– Pack of Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1/4 Cup of Green and Red pepper (diced)
- 1/4 Cup of yellow onion (diced)
- 1/2 Cup of Extra Sharp Cheese
- 1-2 Green Onions (Finely chopped)
- 4 tsp unsalted butter (I preferKerrygold butter)
- 3 Clove of Garlic (minced)
- 1-2 Tbs of Grape Seed Oil or oil of choice
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Salt and Pepper
Cook your grits according to the directions on the package. Once they are done remove from heat add butter, 1/2 tsp of black pepper and cheese. Stir to get everything nice and smooth.
While your grits are cooking your bacon. Nice and crispy.
In a pan on low heat add a couple tablespoons of oil, your minced garlic and allow to warm for a few minutes ( allow the garlic to infuse the oil without burning).
Next add your yellow onion, peppers and mushrooms. Sprinkle in 1/2 tsp onion powder and black pepper. Turn your heat setting to medium and cook until your mushrooms are nice and tender.
Now add your pealed and deveined shrimp. They will only take a few minutes to cook so be sure to stir them every 30 seconds or so, as soon as they have turned pink and curled up they are ready to take off of the heat. Approx 2 mins per side.
Finally, it is time to plate this delicious meal. In a bowl ladle in your grits, top with the mushroom, onion, peppers and shrimp. Finely cut and add green onion, crumble 2 bacon slices and place on top.Cook Time: 1 hour